[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Implement rotations for meetings handling

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Wed May 2 15:14:07 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Now that we are all part-time, I'd like to toy with a new idea,
proposed in the past by Jesse, to rotate the duties with people who
are involved in OSA, or want to get involved more (it's not restricted
to core developers!).

One of the first duties to be handled this way could be the weekly meeting.

Handling the meeting is not that hard, it just takes time to prepare,
and to facilitate.

I think everyone should step into this, not only core developers, but
core developers are now expected to run the meetings when their turn
comes.

What are the actions to take:
    - Prepare the triage. Generate the list of the bugs for the week.
    - Ping people with the triage links around 1h before the weekly
meeting. It would give them time to get prepared for meeting,
eventually updating the agenda, and read the current bugs
    - Ping people at the beginning of the meeting
    - Chair the meeting: The structure of the meeting is now always
the same, a recap of the week, and handling the bug triage.
    - After the meeting we would ask who is volunteer to run next
meeting, and if none, a meeting char will be selected amongst core
contributors at random.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)