[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] about re-image the volume

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:36:22 UTC 2018

On 3/29/2018 6:50 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> May we can add a "Reimaging" state to the volume? Then Nova could poll for it
> to go from that back to Available?

That would be fine with me, and maybe similar to how 'extending' and
'retyping' work for an attached volume?

Nova wouldn't wait for the volume to go to 'available', we don't want it
to go to 'available', we'd just wait for it to go back to 'reserved'.
During a rebuild the instance still needs to keep the volume logically
attached to it so another instance can't grab it.

Matt