[openstack-dev] [nova] VMware NSX CI - no longer running?

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:03:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:44:52 +0300, Radoslav Gerganov wrote:
> On 28.03.2018 19:07, melanie witt wrote:
>> We were reviewing a bug fix for the vmware driver [0] today and we noticed it appears that the VMware NSX CI is no longer running, not even on only the nova/virt/vmwareapi/ tree.
>>
>>  From the third-party CI dashboard, I see some claims of it running but when I open the patches, I don't see any reporting from VMware NSX CI [1].
>>
>> Can anyone from the vmware subteam comment on whether or not the vmware third-party CI is going to be fixed or if it has been abandoned?
>>

> While running the VMware CI continues to be a challenge, I must say this patch fixes a regression introduced by Matt Riedemann's patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/549411/
>
> for which the VMware CI clearly indicated there was a problem and nevertheless the core team submitted it.
> Before blaming the CI for not voting enough, the core team should start taking into account existing CI votes.
> It'd be nice also to include VMware driver maintainers as reviewers when making changes to the VMware driver.

Thank you for bringing the root cause to our attention and I'm sorry we
made a mistake that broke the driver. You are right that the VMware CI
vote should have been taken into consideration and that the VMware
subteam members should have been added as reviewers on the patch.

It was not my intention to blame the VMware CI for not voting enough. I
just wanted to know what happened to it and whether or not it is being
maintained.

I would like to see the VMware CI running again and it need only run on
changes under the nova/virt/vmwareapi/ tree, to save on your resources.
And on our side, I'd like us to add VMware subteam members to VMware
driver patch reviews (I believe most of the active team members are
listed on the priorities etherpad [0]) and to be sure we consult VMware
CI votes when we review.

Best,
-melanie

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking L256