[openstack-dev] [stable][release] Remove complex ACL changes around releases

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Mar 28 23:14:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 03:34:32PM +0100, Graham Hayes wrote:

> It is more complex than just "joining that team" if the project follows
> stable policy. the stable team have to approve the additions, and do
> reject people trying to join them.

This is true but when we (I) say no I explain what's required to get
$project-stable-maint for the requested people.  Which typically boils
down to "do the reviews that show they grok the stable policy" and we
set a short runway (typically 3 months)  It is absolutely that same as
joining *any* core team.

> I don't want to have a release where
> someone has to self approve / ninja approve patches due to cores *not*
> having the access rights that they previously had.

You can always ping stable-maint-core to avoid that.  Looking at recent
stable reviews stable-maint-core and releease-managers have been doing a
pretty good job there.

And as this will happen in July/August there's plenty of time for it to
be a non-issue.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/101,members
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1098,members