[openstack-dev] [nova] Review runways this cycle

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Mar 22 15:40:20 UTC 2018

Hi

So I am really excited for us to try runways out, ASAP.

On 20 March 2018 at 23:44, melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:

> We were thinking of starting the runways process after the spec review
> freeze (which is April 19) so that reviewers won't be split between spec
> reviews and reviews of work in runways.

I think spec reviews, blueprint reviews, and code review topics could all
get a runway slot.

What if we had these queues:
Backlog Queue, Blueprint Runway, Approved Queue, Code Runway

Currently all approved blueprints would sit in the Approved queue.
As described, you leave the runway and go back in the queue if progress
stalls.

Basically abandon the spec freeze. Control with runways instead.

The process and instructions are explained in detail on this etherpad,
> which will also serve as the place we queue and track blueprints for
> runways:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky

I like its simplicity.
If progress stalls you are booted out of a run way slot back to the queue.

Having said all that, I am basically happy with anything that gets us
trying this out ASAP.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy