[openstack-dev] [devstack] stable/queens: How to configure devstack to use openstacksdk===0.11.3 and os-service-types===1.1.0

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Mar 21 20:49:07 UTC 2018

On 03/16/2018 09:29 AM, Kwan, Louie wrote:
> In the stable/queens branch, since openstacksdk0.11.3 and os-service-types1.1.0 are described in openstack's upper-constraints.txt,
>
> https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/queens/upper-constraints.txt#L411
> https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/queens/upper-constraints.txt#L297
>
> If I do
>
>> git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack -b stable/queens
>
> And then stack.sh
>
> We will see it is using openstacksdk-0.12.0 and os_service_types-1.2.0
>
> Having said that, we need the older version, how to configure devstack to use openstacksdk===0.11.3 and os-service-types===1.1.0

Would you mind sharing why you need the older versions?

os-service-types is explicitly designed such that the latest version
should always be correct.

If there is something in 1.2.0 that has broken you in some way that you
need an older version, that's a problem and we should look in to it.

The story is intended to be similar for sdk moving forward ... but we're
still pre-1.0, so that makes sense at the moment. I'm still interested
in what specific issue you had, just to make sure we're aware of issues
people are having.

Thanks!
Monty