[openstack-dev] [all] Job failures on stable/pike and stable/ocata

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Mar 20 18:45:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 04:02:50PM -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [snip]
>
> We have a couple of issues causing failures with stable/pike and stable/ocata.
> Actually, it also affects stable/queens as well due to grenade jobs needing to
> run stable/pike first.
>
> [snip]
>
> I think we have a full working plan in place. The oslo.util patches would fail
> just the legacy-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src job, so that has been marked as
> non-voting for now. Next, the oslo.util fixes need to merge and a new stable
> release done for them. Then, requirements updates to both stable branches can
> pass that raise the upper-constraints for ryu to 4.18 which includes the
> changes we need.
>
> Once all that is done, we can merge the last patch that reverts the change
> making legacy-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src voting again.
>
> The set up patches (other than the upcoming release requests) can be found
> under the pip/5081 topic:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:pip/5081+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>
> As far as I can tell, once all that is done, the stable branches should be
> unblocked and we should be back in business. If anything else crops up, I'll
> post updates here.

All known patches are merged now and the last step of reverting the non-voting
state of the one job is just about to finish in the gate queue.

Stable branches should now be OK to recheck any failed jobs from the last
couple of days. If you see anything else crop up related to this, just let me
know.

Sean