[openstack-dev] [neutron][oslo] Move MultiConfigParser to networking-cisco

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Mar 20 17:00:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm hoping anyone involved with networking-cisco is subscribed to the
neutron tag.  If there's a better one to use please feel free to add it.

The purpose of this email is to discuss plans for removing
MultiConfigParser from oslo.config.  It has been deprecated for a while
and some upcoming work in the project has prompted us to want to remove
it.  Currently the only project still using it is networking-cisco, and
in the interest of simplicity we are proposing that MultiConfigParser
just be moved to networking-cisco.  I've pushed a change to do that in
https://review.openstack.org/554617

One concern is that I'm not sure if this functionality is tested in ci.
I'm hoping someone from networking-cisco can comment on what needs to
happen with that.

Anyway, I just wanted to send something out that explains what is going
on with these changes.  Please respond with any comments or questions.

Thanks.

-Ben