[openstack-dev] [requirements][neutron] Depending on pypi versions

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Mar 19 13:24:52 UTC 2018

The change will need to be in all of the decomposed projects - http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=install_cmd%20-U&i=nope&files=&repos=
Good catch!

On 3/19/18, 3:18 PM, "Gary Kotton" <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:

    Thanks!! Will check if it now

    On 3/19/18, 3:15 PM, "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse.com> wrote:

        On 2018-03-19 14:01, Gary Kotton wrote:
        > The issue is that since the change below -
        > https://review.openstack.org/553045 - we are not picking up the latest
        > neutron master code.

        I see neutron installed:

        http://logs.openstack.org/45/553045/1/gate/openstack-tox-pep8/5347981/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-03-15_13_58_12_552258

        But later it's downgraded - like it's done for the other requirements
        you have. So, this uncovered a problem in your install.

        pip install -U breaks it, please double check that this does the right
        thing:

        https://review.openstack.org/554222

        Andreas

        > *From: *Thomas Morin <thomas.morin at orange.com>
        > *Date: *Monday, March 19, 2018 at 1:46 PM
        > *To: *OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
        > *Subject: *Re: [openstack-dev] [requirements][neutron] Depending on pypi
        > versions
        >

        > Hi Gary,
        >

        > See
        >
        > http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128311.html
        >

        >> Note that thanks to the tox-siblings feature, we really continue to
        >
        >> install neutron and horizon from git - and not use the versions in
        >
        >> the global-requirements constraints file,
        >

        > I think it is worth adding a comment in (test-)requirements.txt that the
        > OpenStack CI is overriding the version and uses git.
        >

        > -Thomas
        >

        > Gary Kotton, 2018-03-19 11:25:
        >
        >     Hi,
        >
        >     The change
        >     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_openstack_requirements_commit_35653e8c5044bff1059ddddf50a82b6065176eea&d=DwIGaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=PMrZQUSXojEgJQPh7cZrz1Lvja0OwAstg0U82FalZrw&m=438_Ni4AJ-nteg3SAstWzssFEcYN8k5BoSslcDtkSEU&s=nkowIZ6GVGMJAfMtR4XliFZhODdtly2gsBTr8k9wFFY&e=
        >     has created some issues with decomposed neutron plugins. Let me try
        >     and give an example to explain.
        >
        >     Say for example a patch landed in neutron master that exposed
        >     feature X. Now if a decomposed plugin wants to consume this it will
        >     fail as the decomposed plugin will pull in the latest tag.
        >
        >     Does this mean for each new feature that we wish to consume we will
        >     need to update neutron tags?
        >
        >     Please advise.
        >
        >     Thanks
        >
        >     Gary