[openstack-dev] [ALL][PTLs] Community Goals for Rocky: Toggle the debug option at runtime

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Mar 16 21:22:51 UTC 2018

knikolla brought up an interesting wedge in this goal in #openstack-keystone
today.

It seems mod_wsgi doesn't want python applications catching SIGHUP,
as Apache expects to be able to catch that. By default, it even ensures
signal handlers do not get registered.[0]

I can't quickly find uwsgi's recommendations on this, but I'd assume
it would be similar, as uwsgi uses SIGHUP as a signal to gracefully
reload all workers and the master process.

Given we just had a goal to make all API services runnable as a WSGI
application, it seems wrong to enable mutable config for API services.
It's a super useful thing though, so I'd love to figure out a way we can do
it.

Thoughts?

[0]
http://modwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/develop/configuration-directives/WSGIRestrictSignal.html