[openstack-dev] [Octavia] Using Octavia without neutron's extensions allowed-address-pairs and security-groups.

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 19:37:31 UTC 2018

Hi Vadim,

Yes, currently the only network driver available for Octavia (called
allowed-address-pairs) uses the allowed-address-pairs feature of
neutron. This allows active/standby and VIP migration during failover
situations.

If you need to run without that feature, an non-allowed-address-pairs
driver will need to be created. This driver would not support the
active/standby load balancer topology.

Michael