[openstack-dev] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 15:58:31 UTC 2018

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 10:38:37 -0500
Jay S Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/2018 10:04 AM, Petr Kovar wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:57:24 -0500
> > Jay S Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Amy,
> >>
> >> The top level page for projects is referenced under documentation from
> >> here:  https://docs.openstack.org/queens/projects.html
> >>
> >> So, I think we have that one covered for people who are just looking for
> >> the top level documentation.
> > Yes, we have that covered. Just to clarify this a bit further, we also have
> > project lists like https://docs.openstack.org/queens/install/,
> > https://docs.openstack.org/queens/admin/ and
> > https://docs.openstack.org/queens/configuration/, what's missing is
> > https://docs.openstack.org/queens/contributor/.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > pk
> >
> Petr,
>
> Do we need a contributor link per-release?  I thought in past
> discussions that the contributor info should always go to latest and
> that was why this is slightly different.

Right, that's a good point! I guess we should really just have
https://docs.openstack.org/latest/contributor/ then, perhaps
https://docs.openstack.org/contributor/ would be even better (with a
redirect). This means we need to treat templates for contributor project
docs as a special case and just point to /latest/contributor from all
release-specific docs.o.o landing pages.

Cheers,
pk

Petr Kovar
Sr. Technical Writer | Customer Content Services
Red Hat Czech, Brno