[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Queens retrospective (PTG session)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 20:35:34 UTC 2018

We kicked-off the PTG by a 45 minutes retrospective about our work during
Queens cycle.
Here is a  short summary of what has been said:

- Keep doing: weekly updates and encourage squads to update their
etherpads; squads (and adjust our squads every cycle when needed); use
#tripleo for IRC meetings.

- Less of: relying on deployment tests for everything; non-voting CI jobs;
complexity (investigate what we could deprecate).

- More of: pay more attention to OVB jobs (consolidate CI status?);
communication on ML; more tempest usage; more systematic bug triage; more
deep dive sessions; more reviews inter-squads

- Stop doing: support baremetal deployments.

- Start doing: focus on container promotions; Ansible tests (without
functional jobs).

If you want to know more, please take a look at the full output here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-rocky-retro

Emilien Macchi