[openstack-dev] [nova] Notification update week 10 (PTG)

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Wed Mar 7 12:12:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

Here is the status update / focus settings mail for w10. We discussed
couple of new notification related changes during the PTG. I tried to
mention all of them below but if I missed something then please extend
my list.

Bugs
----

[High] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1737201 TypeError when
sending notification during attach_interface
Fix merged. The backport for ocata is still open:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531746/

[High] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739325 Server operations
fail to complete with versioned notifications if payload contains unset
non-nullable fields
No progress. We still need to understand how this problem happens to
find the proper solution.

[Low] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1487038
nova.exception._cleanse_dict should use
oslo_utils.strutils._SANITIZE_KEYS
Old abandoned patches exist but need somebody to pick them up:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215308/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/388345/

[Whislist] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1639152 Send out
notification about server group changes when delete instances
It was discussed in the Rocky PTG and agreed to do this. A new specless
bp has been created to track the effort
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications
The bp is assigned to Takashi

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
We already have some patches proposed to the rock bp. I will go and
review them this week.
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-rocky+status:open

Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
The bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances
is approved. Waiting for the implementation to be proposed.

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
The bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
is approved. Implementation patch exists but still needs work
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526251/

Add request_id to the InstanceAction versioned notifications
The bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-request-id-to-instance-action-notifications
is approved and assigned to Keving_Zheng.

Sending full traceback in versioned notifications
On the PTG we discussed the need of sending full tracebacks in error
notifications. I will go and dig out why we decided not to send the
full traceback when we created the versioned notifications.

Add versioned notifications for removing a member from a server group
The specless bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications
is proposed and it looks good to me.

Factor out duplicated notification sample
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:refactor-notification-samples+status:open
No open patches, but I would like to progress with this through the
Rocky cycle.

Weekly meeting
The next meeting will be held on 13th of Marc on #openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180313T170000

Cheers,
gibi