[openstack-dev] [docs] Permissions to upload a PNG for my new project page

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 6 14:21:50 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-05 10:35:00 -0600 (-0600), Pino de Candia wrote:
[...]
> But when I try to upload the file I get this error:

> reason:
>
> The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the
> groups: Administrators, Autopatrolled users."
[...]

I have a feeling PTG attendance and associated travel challenges
have delayed the rate at which the volunteers patrolling recent
edits in the wiki are verifying validity of edits made by new users.
As such, your account wasn't marked as verified by anyone until I
did so just now. Please try again.

Unfortunately we've found that without careful control over
operations like file uploading or page renames we quickly get
overrun with spam, so we limit that exposure by vetting accounts
first. You'll also hopefully find that you no longer get presented
with a captcha challenge when making page edits now that you're
verified.
--
Jeremy Stanley