[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Bifrost] Manually enrolling a node

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Mar 4 10:06:11 UTC 2018

Heya,

I've been playing with bifrost to help me manage some lab machines. I must
say the install process was well documented and smooth, so that was a
pleasure. Thanks!

That said, I am struggling to get a working node enrolment. I'm resisting
using the JSON file / ansible playbook approach, because I'll want to add
more machines later so I need a manual enrolment to work. The command line
I am using is like this:

ironic node-create -d agent_ipmitool \
           -i ipmi_username=root \
           -i ipmi_password=superuser \
           -i ipmi_address=192.168.50.31 \
           -i deploy_kernel=http://192.168.50.209:8080/ipa.vmlinuz \
           -i deploy_ramdisk=http://192.168.50.209:8080/ipa.initramfs \
           -p cpus=16 \
           -p memory_mb=12288 \
           -p local_gb=750 \
           -p cpu_arch=x86_64 \
           -p capabilities=boot_option:local

Unfortunately, I get this error:

No valid host was found. Reason: No conductor service registered which
supports driver agent_ipmitool. (HTTP 400)

I can't see anything helpful in the logs. What driver should I be using for
bifrost? agent_ipmitool seems to be enabled in ironic.conf.

Thanks heaps,
Michael