[openstack-dev] [service-broker] openstack-service-broker project update

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 18:38:05 UTC 2018

(This follows on from
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131183.html
in case you are confused)

Hi folks,
Now that the project creation process is largely complete, here are some
housekeeping updates:

* Let's use the [service-broker] tag in emails to openstack-dev
(starting with this one!)

* By popular demand, I set up an IRC channel too. It's
#openstack-service-broker on FreeNode.

* The project repo is available here:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-service-broker

Since there's no code yet, the only Zuul job is the one to build (but
not publish) the docs, but it is working and patches are merging.

* As a reminder, this is the current core review team:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1925,members (and more
volunteers are welcome)

* The project storyboard is available here:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/1038

* I started adding some stories to the storyboard that should get us to
an initial prototype, and added them to this worklist:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/worklist/391

Folks from the Automation Broker team volunteered to help out by writing
some example playbooks that we can start from. So the most important
thing I think we can work on to start with is to build the tooling that
will enable us to test them, both locally for devs and folks checking
out the project and in the gate.

* It would probably be helpful to set up a meeting time - at least for
an initial kickoff (thanks Artem for the suggestion), although I see
we've managed to collect people in just about every time zone so it
might be challenging. Here is a poll we can use to try to pick a time:
https://framadate.org/xlKuh4vtozew8gL8 (note: assume all the times are
in UTC). Everyone who is interested please respond to that in the next
few days. (I chose the date for July 10th to avoid the days right
before/after the July 4th holiday in the US, although I personally will
be around on those days.)

cheers,
Zane.