[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] placement update 18-26

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Jun 29 16:34:16 UTC 2018

Thanks for the notes Matt, I'll try to incorporate this stuff into
the next one where it makes some. A response within.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 6/29/2018 8:03 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
>> There are a patches left on the consumer generation topic, some tidy
>> ups, and some stuff related to healing allocations:
>>
>> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/add-consumer-generation>
>>
>> Is someone already working on code for making use of this in the
>> resource tracker?
>>

> In what way? The RT, except for I think the Ironic driver, shouldn't be
> dealing with allocations (PUTing them anyway).

I know such things never happen in my writing, but that's basically a
typo. It should say "report client". By which I mean, is anyone
working on handling a generation conflict when PUT /allocations from
nova-scheduler?