[openstack-dev] [osc][python-openstackclient] osc-included image signing

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Jun 29 12:42:13 UTC 2018

On 06/29/2018 05:38 AM, Josephine Seifert wrote:
> Hello Dean,
>
> thanks for your code comments so far.
>
>> Looking at the changes you have to cursive, if that is all you need
>> from it those bits could easily go somewhere in osc or osc-lib if you
>> don't also need them elsewhere.
> There lies the problem, because we also want to implement signature
> generation in nova for the "server image create". Do you have a
> suggestion, where we could implement this instead of cursive?

I was just chatting with Dean about this in IRC. I'd like to suggest
putting the image signing code into openstacksdk. Users of openstacksdk
would almost certainly also want to be able to sign images they're going
to upload. That would take care of having it in a library and also
having that library be something OSC depends on.

We aren't using SDK in nova yet - but it shouldn't be hard to get some
POC patches up to include it ... and to simplify a few other things.

I'd be more than happy to work with you on getting the code in.

Monty