[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] dropping selinux support

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Thu Jun 28 16:56:22 UTC 2018

Hi everyone:

This email is to ask if there is anyone out there opposed to removing
SELinux bits from OpenStack ansible, it's blocking some of the gates
and the maintainers for them are no longer working on the project
unfortunately.

I'd like to propose removing any SELinux stuff from OSA based on the following:

1) We don't gate on it, we don't test it, we don't support it.  If
you're running OSA with SELinux enforcing, please let us know how :-)
2) It extends beyond the scope of the deployment project and there are
no active maintainers with the resources to deal with them
3) With the work currently in place to let OpenStack Ansible install
distro packages, we can rely on upstream `openstack-selinux` package
to deliver deployments that run with SELinux on.

Is there anyone opposed to removing it?  If so, please let us know. :-)

Thanks!
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost