[openstack-dev] [all][ci][infra] Small network interface MTUs on test nodes

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Jun 26 21:21:04 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We now have more than one cloud provider giving us test node resources where we can expect network interfaces to have MTUs less that 1500. This is a side effect of running Neutron with overlay networking in the cloud providing the test resources. Considering we've largely made this "problem" for ourselves we should try to accommodate this.

I have pushed a documentation update to explain this [0] as well as job updates for infra managed overlays used in multinode testing [1][2]. If your jobs manage interfaces or bridges themselves you may need to make similar updates as well. (I believe that devstack + neutron already do this for you if using them).

Let the infra team know if you have any questions about this.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578159/1/doc/source/testing.rst
[1] https://review.openstack.org/578146
[2] https://review.openstack.org/578153

Clark