[openstack-dev] [nova]Notification update week 26

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Jun 26 13:17:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

Here is the latest notification subteam update.

Bugs
----

[Undecided] "IndexError: list index out of range" in
ExceptionPayload.from_exception during resize failure
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1777540
I failed to reproduce and based on the newly provided logs in the
parent bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1777157 this happens in
an environment that runs heavily forked nova code. So I marked the bug
inva
lid.

[Medium] Server operations fail to complete with versioned
notifications if payload contains unset non-nullable fields
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739325
This bug is still open and reportedly visible in multiple independent
environment but I failed to find the root cause. So I'm wondering if we
can implement a nova-manage heal-instance-flavor command for these
environments.

Features
--------

Sending full traceback in versioned notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications
has been implemented. \o/

Introduce Pending VM state
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554212 still not exactly
define what will be in the select_destination notification payload and
seems it is deferred to Stein.

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
Work progressing in  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536243

Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances
has been implemented \o/

Weekly meeting
No meeting this week. The next meeting is planned to be held on 3rd of
June on #openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180703T170000

Cheers,
gibi