[openstack-dev] [requirements][stable][docs] updating openstackdocstheme in stable branches

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jun 26 13:03:40 UTC 2018

Requirements team,

At some point in the next few months we're going to want to raise
the constraint on openstackdocstheme in all of the old branches so
we can take advantage of a new feature for showing the supported
status of each version of a project. That feature isn't implemented
yet, but I thought it would be good to discuss in advance the need
to update the dependency and how to do it.

The theme is released under an independent release model and does
not currently have stable branches.  It depends on pbr and dulwich,
both of which should already be in the requirements and constraints
lists (dulwich is a dependency of reno).

I think that means the simplest thing to do would be to just update
the constraint for the theme in the stable branches. Does that seem
right?

If we can make that happen before we start the zuul configuration
porting work that we're going to do as part of the python3-first
goal, then we can take advantage of those patches to trigger doc
rebuilds in all of the projects.

Doug