[openstack-dev] [qa][tempest-plugins][release][tc][ptl]: Coordinated Release Model proposal for Tempest & Tempest Plugins

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 26 12:08:19 UTC 2018

Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> [...]
> My suggestion: tempest has to be compatible with all supported releases
> (of both services and plugins) OR be branched.
> [...]
I tend to agree with Dmitry... We have a model for things that need
release alignment, and that's the cycle-bound series. The reason tempest
is branchless was because there was no compatibility issue. If the split
of tempest plugins introduces a potential incompatibility, then I would
prefer aligning tempest to the existing model rather than introduce a
parallel tempest-specific cycle just so that tempest can stay
release-independent...

I seem to remember there were drawbacks in branching tempest, though...
Can someone with functioning memory brain cells summarize them again ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)