[openstack-dev] [magnum] New temporary meeting on Thursdays 1700UTC

Spyros Trigazis strigazi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 07:20:18 UTC 2018

Hello again,

After Thursday's meeting I want to summarize what we discussed and add some
pointers.

   - Work on using the out-of-tree cloud provider and move to the new model
   of defining it
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/1762743
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/577477/
   - Configure kubelet and kube-proxy on master nodes
   This story of the master node label can be extened
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002618
   or we can add a new one
   - Simplify CNI configuration, we have calico and flannel. Ideally we
   should a single config script for each
   one. We could move flannel to the kubernetes hosted version that uses
   kubernetes objects for storage.
   (it is the recommended way by flannel and how it is done with kubeadm)
   - magum support in gophercloud
   https://github.com/gophercloud/gophercloud/issues/1003
   - *needs discussion *update version of heat templates (pike or queens)
   This need its own tread
   - Post deployment scripts for clusters, I have this since some time for
   my but doing it in
   heat is slightly (not a lot) complicated. Most magnum users favor  the
   simpler solution
   of passing a url of a manifest or script to the cluster (at least let's
   add sha512sum).
   - Simplify addition of custom labels/parameters. To avoid patcing
   magnum, it would be
   more ops friendly to have a generic field of custom parameters

Not discussed in the last meeting but we should in the next ones:

   - Allow cluster scaling from different users in the same project
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002648
   - Add the option to remove node from a resource group for swarm clusters
   like
   in kubernetes
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002677

Let's follow these up in the coming meetings, Tuesday 1000UTC and Thursday
1700UTC.

You can always consult this page [1] for future meetings.

Cheers,
Spyros

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Containers