[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news

Michael McCune msm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 16:56:33 UTC 2018

Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's meeting was on the shorter side but covered several topics. We
discussed the migration to StoryBoard, and noted that we need to send
word to Gilles and the GraphQL experimentors that the board is in
place and ready for their usage. The GraphQL work was also highlighted
as there has been a review[7] posted along with an update[8] to the
mailing list. This work is in its early stages, but significant
progress has already been made. Kudos to Gilles and the neutron team!

We talked briefly about the upcoming PTG and which days might be
available for the SIG, but it is too early for such speculation and
the group has tabled the idea for now.

The API-SIG StoryBoard is now live[9], although it still has the old
"api-wg" name. That will be updated when the infra team does the
project rename for us. We encourage all new activity to take place
here and we are in the process of cleaning up the older links; stay
tuned for more information.

There is one new guideline change that is just starting its life in
the review process[10]. This is an addition to the guideline on errors
and although this review is still in the early stages of development
any comments are greatly appreciated.

As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming
to the meetings, there's also:

* The list of bugs [5] indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines [2] always need refreshing to account for
changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right,
submit a patch [6] to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made
things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others
[6].

# Newly Published Guidelines

None

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Expand error code document to expect clarity
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/577118/

* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557773/

* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524467/

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and
service discovery
  Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet
ready for review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs
that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in
an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag
"[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant
reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the
specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our
wiki page [4] and guidelines [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!