[openstack-dev] minimum libvirt version for nova-compute

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:32:08 UTC 2018

On 6/20/2018 6:54 AM, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> We can bump the minimum here but then we have to play a game of working
> out the oldest version the above fix was backported to across the
> various distros. I'd rather see this address by the Libvirt maintainers
> in Debian if I'm honest.

Just a thought, but in nova we could at least do:

1. Add a 'known issues' release note about the issue and link to the
libvirt patch.

and/or

2. Handle libvirtError in that case, check for the "Incorrect number of
padding bytes" string in the error, and log something with a breadcrumb
to the libvirt fix - that would be for people that miss the release
note, or hit the issue past rocky and wouldn't have found the release
note because they're on Stein+ now.

Matt