[openstack-dev] [openstackclient][openstacksdk] why does openstackclient rely on openstacksdk for get a network client

zijian1012 at 163.com zijian1012 at 163.com
Wed Jun 20 02:42:47 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:15 AM, 李健 <zijian1012 at 163.com> wrote:
>> So, my question is, why does the network service not use the
>> python2-neutronclient to get the client like other core projects, but
>> instead uses another separate project(openstacksdk)?

> There were multiple reasons to not use neutron client lib for OSC and
> the SDk was good enough at the time to use ut in spite of not being at
> a 1.0 release.  We have intended to migrate everything to use
> OpenStackSDK and eliminate OSC's use of the python-*client libraries
> completely.

Thks for replying, just want to confirm, you mentioned "We have intended to migrate everything to use
OpenStackSDK", the current use of python-*client is:
1. OSC
2. all services that need to interact with other services (e.g.:  nova libraries: self.volume_api = volume_api or cinder.API())
Do you mean that both of the above will be migrated to use the OpenStack SDK?