[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Sprint 15 Planning Summary (CI, Tempest squads)

Matt Young myoung at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 20:32:54 UTC 2018

Greetings,

The TripleO CI & Tempest squads have begun work on Sprint 15.  Like
most of our sprints these are three weeks long and are planned on a
Thursday or Friday (depending on squad) and end with a retrospective
on Wednesdays.

Sprint 15 runs from 2018-06-14 to 2018-07-03

More information regarding our process is available in the
tripleo-specs repository [1]. Ongoing meeting notes and other detail
are always available in the Squad Etherpads [2,3].

# Ruck / Rover:
* weshay + quiquell
* https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/ruckrover-sprint15

# CI Squad

Epic: https://trello.com/c/bQuQ9aWF/802-sprint-15-ci-goals
Tasks: http://ow.ly/3kDB30kypjH

This sprint the CI squad is transitioning to a new topic!

We are spending the first of at least three sprints on the topic of
migrating tripleo CI to Zuul v3.  We’ve split the team into two “tiger
teams” [4] for the first portion of the sprint.  One is focused on
issues of networking and multinode support, the other looking at
generating job configuration parent jobs, from which other jobs will
derive.

This work will inform a number of activities in this sprint and
sprints to come.  This includes topics such as refactoring of TOCI
gate scripts (bash → ansible/python), full native ansible tooling, and
putting into place jobs to address python3, RHEL8 (future centos), RDO
on RHEL, and other topics enabled by support for an RH internal
deployment of Software Factory.

We will also be monitoring efforts by upstream openstack-infra to
transition jobs @ review.rdoproject.org to zuul v3, on standby to
assist as needed.

# Tempest Squad

Epic:  https://trello.com/c/6QKG0HkU/801-sprint-15-python-tempestconf
Tasks: http://ow.ly/XnB530kyppQ

The Tempest Squad this sprint is operating with UA (chandankumar) on
PTO for most of the sprint.  We are focused on 3 main topics:

* Closing out the remaining python-tempestconf refactor tasks for core
OpenStack services
* Create a presentation covering tempest plugin creation
* Targeted tasks addressing RefStack certification for rhos 11,12,13

For any questions please find us in #tripleo

Thanks,

Matt

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-specs/blob/master/specs/policy/ci-team-structure.rst
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting