[openstack-dev] [tc] [ptl] PTL E-mail addresses on rendered team pages

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Jun 18 00:48:38 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 03:05:51PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Jean-Philippe Evrard's message of 2018-06-15 17:37:02 +0200:
> > > Not sure it'd help but one option we do is to create aliases based on
> > > the title.  Though since the PTLs don't have addresses on the openstack
> > > domain an alias may not make as much sense, it'd have to be a full
> > > account forward.  It's useful for centralized spam filtering.
> >
> > I foresee this:
> > 1) We create an alias <project> to PTL email
> > 2) PTL think that kind of emails are worth sharing with a team to balance work
> > 3) We now have a project mailing list
> > 4) People stop using openstack-dev lists.
> >
> > But that's maybe me...
> >

> Yeah, setting all of that up feels like it would just be something
> else we would have to remember to do every time we have an election.
> I'm trying to reduce the number those kinds of tasks we have, so
> let's not add a new one.

While I'm not sure that JP's scenario would eventuate I am against
adding the aliases and adding additional work for the election
officials.  It's not that this would be terribly hard to automate it
just seems like duplication of data/effort whereas the change under
review is pretty straight forward.

Yours Tony.