[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] placement update 18-24

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Fri Jun 15 21:14:00 UTC 2018

Thank you as always for doing this, Chris.

> Some of the older items in this list are not getting much attention.
> That's a shame. The list is ordered (oldest first) the way it is on
> purpose.
>
> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/546660/>
>   Purge comp_node and res_prvdr records during deletion of
>   cells/hosts

This is still on its first patch set, in merge conflict, with no action
for about 3mo.  Is it still being worked?

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/477478/>
>   placement: Make API history doc more consistent

Reviewed.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/556669/>
>   Handle agg generation conflict in report client

Rebased.  This previously had three +1s.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/537614/>
>   Add unit test for non-placement resize

Reviewed.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/493865/>
>   cover migration cases with functional tests

Reviewed.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1732731>
>   Bug fixes for sharing resource providers

Two patches under this topic.

https://review.openstack.org/533437 is abandoned

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/519601/ reviewed (again) & rebased

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/535517/>
>   Move refresh time from report client to prov tree

This patch is still alive only as a marker on my TODO list - I need to
replace it with something completely different as noted by Jay & myself
at the bottom.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/561770/>
>   PCPU resource class

Reviewed & rebased.  This also made me notice an unused thing, which
I've proposed to remove via https://review.openstack.org/575847

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/566166/>
>   rework how we pass candidate request information

This represents a toe in the waters of "we ought to go back and majorly
refactor a lot of the placement code - especially
nova/api/openstack/placement/objects/resource_provider.py - to make it
more readable and maintainable.  This particular patch is in merge
conflict (pretty majorly, if I'm not mistaken) and probably needs to
wait until the dust settles around nrp-in-alloc-candidates to be
resurrected.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564876/>
>   add root parent NULL online migration

Reviewed.  (In merge conflict, and needs tests.)

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/bandwidth-resource-provider>
>   add resource_requests field to RequestSpec

Active series currently starts at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/570018/

I've been reviewing these; need to catch up on the latest.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/575127/>
>   replace deprecated accept.best_match

Heading to the gate.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568965/>
>   Enforce placement minimum in nova.cmd.status

Heading to the gate.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/560107/>
>   normalize_name helper (in os-traits)

Needs second core review, please.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573475/>
>   Fix nits in nested provider allocation candidates(2)

Heading to the gate.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/538498/>
>   Convert driver supported capabilities to compute node provider
>   traits

Merge conflict and a bevy of -1s, needs TLC from the author.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568639/>
>   Use placement.inventory.inuse in report client

Rebased.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/517921/>
>   ironic: Report resources as reserved when needed

Needs merge conflict resolved.

> * <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568713/>
>   Test for multiple limit/group_policy qparams

Another marker for my TODO list.  Added -W.

> # End
>
> Yow. That was long. Thanks for reading. Review some code please.

++

-efried