[openstack-dev] [nova] review runways check-in and feedback

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:33:13 UTC 2018

Howdy everyone,

We've been experimenting with a new process this cycle, Review Runways
[1] and we're about at the middle of the cycle now as we had the r-2
milestone last week June 7.

I wanted to start a thread and gather thoughts and feedback from the
nova community about how they think runways have been working or not
working and lend any suggestions to change or improve as we continue on
in the rocky cycle.

We decided to try the runways process to increase the chances of core
reviewers converging on the same changes and thus increasing reviews and
merges on approved blueprint work. As of today, we have 69 blueprints
approved and 28 blueprints completed, we just passed r-2 June 7 and r-3
is July 26 and rc1 is August 9 [2].

Do people feel like they've been receiving more review on their
blueprints? Does it seem like we're completing more blueprints earlier?
Is there feedback or suggestions for change that you can share?

Thanks all,
-melanie

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule