[openstack-dev] Reminder to add "nova-status upgrade check" to deployment tooling

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:14:32 UTC 2018

I was going through some recently reported nova bugs and came across [1]
which I opened at the Summit during one of the FFU sessions where I
realized the nova upgrade docs don't mention the nova-status upgrade
check CLI [2] (added in Ocata).

As a result, I was wondering how many deployment tools out there support
upgrades and from those, which are actually integrating that upgrade
status check command.

I'm not really familiar with most of them, but I've dabbled in OSA
enough to know where the code lived for nova upgrades, so I posted a
patch [3].

I'm hoping this can serve as a template for other deployment projects to
integrate similar checks into their upgrade (and install verification)
flows.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1772973
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/cli/nova-status.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/575125/