[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer][monasca] Monasca publisher for Ceilometer

Bedyk, Witold witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com
Wed Jun 13 08:28:05 UTC 2018

Hello Telemetry Team,

We would like to contribute a Monasca publisher to Ceilometer project [1] and add it to the list of currently supported transports [2].
The goal of the plugin is to send Ceilometer samples to Monasca API.

I understand Gordon's concerns about adding maintenance overhead for Ceilometer team which he expressed in review but the code is pretty much self-contained and does not affect Ceilometer core. It's not our intention to shift the maintenance effort and Monasca team should still be responsible for this code.

Adding this plugin will help in terms of interoperability of both projects and can be useful for wider parts of the OpenStack community.

Please let me know your thoughts. I hope we can get this code merged.

Cheers
Witek

[1] https://review.openstack.org/562400
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/ceilometer/latest/contributor/architecture.html#processing-the-data