[openstack-dev] [Release-job-failures][cyborg][release] Pre-release of openstack/cyborg failed

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jun 13 00:08:37 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On 06/12/2018 06:01 PM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> > Hi Doug,
> >
> > Thanks for raising this, we will check it out
> >

> Clark was sharped eyed enough to point out that setuptools does not
> accept regexes for
> data files. So it would appear this:
>
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/cyborg/tree/setup.cfg#n31
>
> Needs to be changed to explicitly list each file that is needed.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Sean

I thought data_files was a setuptools thing but on further reading it appears to be PBR. And reading the PBR docs trailing globs should be supported. Reading the code I think PBR expects the entire data_file spec on one line so that you end up with 'foo = bar/*' instead of 'foo =\n bar/*'. This is likely a bug that should be fixed.

To workaround this you can use 'etc/cyborg/rootwrap.d = etc/cyborg/rootwrap.d/*' all on one line in your config.

Clark