[openstack-dev] [all] [release] How to handle "stable" deliverables releases

Samuel Cassiba s at cassiba.com
Tue Jun 12 16:38:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 2:53 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> 2bis/ Like 2, but only create the branch when needed
>
> Same as the previous one, except that rather than proactively create the
> stable branch around release time, we'd wait until the branch is actually
> needed to create it.

This is basically openstack-chef right now, from a natural progression
over time. In ye olden dayes, we were able to branch pretty soon after
the RDO and Ubuntu packages stabilized. Now, due to time needed and
engagement, it's an informal poll of the developer team to see who
objects or sees something showstopping, then carrying on with creating
the stable branch and releasing the artifacts to Supermarket.