[openstack-dev] [neutron][ovs] How to Backup and Restore OVSDB

Quick Convey quickconvey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:49:00 UTC 2018

HI,

I am using OpenvSwitch 2.6.1
I would like to know, How we can backup and restore ovsdb in the controller
and compute nodes.
I think, ovsdb not in cluster mode, So we have to take backup from all
controller and compute nodes.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

$ ovsdb-server -V
ovsdb-server (Open vSwitch) 2.6.1

I also tried with following files, but don't know how to backup and restore
it
/etc/openvswitch/conf.db
/usr/share/openvswitch/vswitch.ovsschema

If I copy above files back to same location and try to start ovs, then it
is not listening to port 6640.I also observed that in ovsdb IDs of the Port
and Interfaces are chaining when I do this steps.