[openstack-dev] [nova] review runway status

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:20:45 UTC 2018

A few small status updates inline.

On 6/11/2018 4:14 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> This is just a brief status about the blueprints currently occupying
> review runways [0] and an ask for the nova-core team to give these
> reviews priority for their code review focus.
>
> * Certificate Validation -
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-validate-certificates
> (bpoulos) [END DATE: 2018-06-15]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/nova-validate-certificates

I know I need to go back through this series, hopefully can get that
done tomorrow. I might just start addressing anything I -1 at this point
to keep it going.

> * Neutron new port binding API for live migration:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/neutron-new-port-binding-api
> (mriedem) [END DATE: 2018-06-20] Starts here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558001/

This already had quite a bit of core review from Eric before it got into
the runway slot, but since then it hasn't had any reviews since it got
into the slot. I'd ask Eric and Dan specifically to review the bottom
change since (1) Eric has been through it already, albeit awhile ago and
(2) Dan is familiar with the vif plugging callback event code in that
change.

> * XenAPI: improve the image handler
> configure:https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/xenapi-image-handler-option-improvement
> (naichuans) [END DATE: 2018-06-20] Starts here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/486475/

I'm waiting on the xenserver third party CI to pass on this:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/574318/

And then I'll approve the series.

> Best,
> -melanie
>
> [0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky

I also reminded people in the nova-scheduler meeting this morning to put
stuff in runways since I know there is a lot of placement blueprint work
that's going on outside of the runways slots, so it would be nice if
that was also at least formally queued up. Just to remind people that we
can still review stuff that's not in a slot, but just seeing it in the
queue is at least an indication / reminder for me personally that those
changes are ready for review when I'm looking. I've also just started
adding things into the queue if I know it's ready even if it's not my
series.

Matt