[openstack-dev] [Edge-computing] [edge][glance][mixmatch]: Wiki of the possible architectures for image synchronisation

Kristi Nikolla kristi at nikolla.me
Mon Jun 11 20:38:55 UTC 2018

Answering here questions related to mixmatch, as I'm the main developer.

- If I understood [[1](https://mixmatch.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)] correctly mixmatch can help Nova to attach a remote volume, but it will not help in synchronizing the images. is this true?

Correct, it will not synchronize images. What it does is forward API requests across OpenStack clouds, allowing Nova to fetch a remote image. It could be enhanced to "cache" the image, in which case it would be the PULL model. In this architecture, you would have mixmatch acting as a proxy to one or multiple Glance API servers (some remote), and you could even potentially forego having a Glance at all in the edge cloud.

- Not sure ... but I didn’t think this was the model being used in mixmatch ... thought mixmatch was more the PULL model (below)

- [G0]: Yes, this is more or less my understanding. I remove the mixmatch reference from this chapter.

Rather than remove it completely you could move it to the correct section. :)