[openstack-dev] use of storyboard (was [TC] Stein Goal Selection)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 11 19:23:40 UTC 2018

Others likely have more detailed answers to some of your other
points, but as for the ones I happen to know off the top of my
head...

On 2018-06-11 12:39:36 -0400 (-0400), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> * There's no help link anywhere. (This appears to be because there's nothing
> to link to.)

It's https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/page/about (linked as
"About" in the left sidebar of every page on the site) but maybe it
should be renamed and/or given an icon? It's also the default page
view if you go to the site root while not authenticated. It should
probably also link to https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/ I
guess.

> * There's no way to mark a story as a duplicate of another.

In a twist of irony, this is being tracked in:

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000552
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002136

> * Numeric IDs in URLs instead of project names are a serious barrier to
> usability.
[...]

The change series ending in https://review.openstack.org/548343
implements this, and is basically ready to merge any time now.

> * You can't even use Google to search it, I suspect because only issues that
> are linked to from other sites are visible to the crawler due to there being
> no sitemap.xml.
[...]

There's in-progress work to update storyboard-webclient to newer
AngularJS and as a result the situation related to Web search
engines will get significantly better. Adding a sitemap or similar
index for the benefit of search engines should likely come with or
shortly after that.
--
Jeremy Stanley