[openstack-dev] use of storyboard (was [TC] Stein Goal Selection)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 11 18:57:30 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-11 17:17:23 +0000 (+0000), CARVER, PAUL wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps none if there is a standard, but is there a standard? Can
> you give me examples in Storyboard of "standard" views that
> present information even vaguely similar to
> https://launchpad.net/nova/+series and
> https://launchpad.net/nova/rocky ? Or is every project on their
> own to invent the views that they will use, independent of what
> any other project is doing?
[...]

I'm just going to come out and call bullshit on this one. How many
of the >800 official OpenStack deliverable repos have a view like
that with any actual relevant detail? If it's "standard" then
certainly more than half, right?

Picking through just the set of 40 "services" listed at
https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator I see that:

  * swift seems to stop in mitaka
  * murano in pike
  * freezer in queens
  * solum in liberty
  * aodh in newton
  * senlin in pike
  * ironic in queens (but not really as the series just exist with
    no releases after newton)
  * octavia in pike
  * karbor in queens (but not really any detail even then)
  * searchlight in pike
  * barbican in queens (but not really since they stopped showing
    releases in pike)
  * panko never used it at all
  * ceilometer stopped in mitaka
  * monasca never used it
  * rally has nonstandard series names but stopped sometime in 2017
  * congress stopped in queens
  * watcher in queens
  * vitrage in queens (but actually stopped milestoning in ocata)
  * cloudkitty has nonstandard series names ending in 2017
  * tricircle stopped using milestones in pike
  * openstack-ansible ended in newton
  * kuryr never used it

So... of the _minority_ of projects (from that arbitrarily-chosen
but presumably "important" sample) who are actually using that
feature, how many of them are simply doing it because they thought
the release team was still making use of that information? (Hint:
they stopped as of mitaka.)
--
Jeremy Stanley