[openstack-dev] use of storyboard (was [TC] Stein Goal Selection)

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Mon Jun 11 16:17:11 UTC 2018

Jumping into the general Storyboard topic, but distinct from the previous questions about searching, is there any equivalent in Storyboard to the Launchpad series and milestones diagrams? e.g.:

https://launchpad.net/nova/+series
https://launchpad.net/neutron/+series
https://launchpad.net/cinder/+series
https://launchpad.net/networking-sfc/+series
https://launchpad.net/bgpvpn/+series

As I understand from what I've read and seen on summit talk recordings, anyone can create any view of the data they please and they can share their personalized view with whomever they want, but that is basically the complete opposite of standardization. Does Storyboard have any plans to provide any standard views that are consistent across projects? Or is it focused solely on the "in club" who know what dashboard views are custom to each project?

For anyone trying to follow multiple projects at a strategic level (i.e. not down in the weeds day to day, but checking in weekly or monthly) to see what's planned, what's deferred, and what's completed for either upcoming milestones or looking back to see if something did or did not get finished, a consistent cross-project UI of some kind is essential.

For example, with virtually no insider involvement with Nova, I was able to locate this view of what's going on for the Rocky series: https://launchpad.net/nova/rocky
How would I locate that same information for a project in Storyboard without constructing my own custom worklist or finding an insider to share their worklist with me?

--
Paul Carver
VoIP: 732-545-7377
E: pcarver at att.com
Q Instant Message
If you look closely enough at the present you can find loose bits of the future just lying around.