[openstack-dev] [tc] technically committee status for 11 June

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jun 11 14:52:05 UTC 2018

This is the weekly summary of work being done by the Technical
Committee members. The full list of active items is managed in the
wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

We also track TC objectives for the cycle using StoryBoard
at:https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/923

== Recent Activity ==

Project updates:

* PowerVMStackers following stable policy https://review.openstack.org/#/c/562591
* Add openstackclient to Chef OpenStack https://review.openstack.org/#/c/571504

Other approved changes:

* provide more detail about the expectations we place on goal champions https://review.openstack.org/564060

Office hour logs from last week:

* http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2018/tc.2018-06-05-09.00.html
* http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2018/tc.2018-06-06-01.00.html
* http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2018/tc.2018-06-07-15.00.html

I posted my summary of the joint leadership meeting held between the
Foundation Board, User Committee, and TC at the summit:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131115.html

== Ongoing Discussions ==

The TC has started planning for more active tracking of the work of
project teams and SIGs, to identify inter-group issues earlier and to
help work through them as needed. The first step in the process is to
have TC members attached as liaisons to all of the groups. When all TC
members have had a chance to sign up as liaisons for teams where they
are already active, I will make assignments to fill out the roster so
that all teams are covered.

* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131293.html
* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker#Liaisons

The resolution laying out the Python 2 deprecation timeline and deadline
for supporting Python 3 has enough votes to be approved, but we had
several TC members traveling last week so I am going to hold it open
until 12 June in case anyone else has comments.

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/571011/

The governance change to add a "Castellan-compatible key store" to the
base services list is up for review.

* https://review.openstack.org/572656

The first batch of git repositories for StarlingX, containing only
projects that are not forks of anything else, have been imported.

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/569562/

== TC member actions/focus/discussions for the coming week(s) ==

I have proposed a small change to the house-rules clarifying how typo
fixes proposed by the chair should be handled.

* https://review.openstack.org/572811

TC members, please sign up as a liaison to project teams and SIGs (see
above).

== Contacting the TC ==

The Technical Committee uses a series of weekly "office hour" time
slots for synchronous communication. We hope that by having several
such times scheduled, we will have more opportunities to engage
with members of the community from different timezones.

Office hour times in #openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

If you have something you would like the TC to discuss, you can add
it to our office hour conversation starter etherpad
at: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tc-office-hour-conversation-starters

Many of us also run IRC bouncers which stay in #openstack-tc most
of the time, so please do not feel that you need to wait for an
office hour time to pose a question or offer a suggestion. You can
use the string "tc-members" to alert the members to your question.

If you expect your topic to require significant discussion or to
need input from members of the community other than the TC, please
start a mailing list discussion on openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
and use the subject tag "[tc]" to bring it to the attention of TC
members.