[openstack-dev] [kolla] cinder-api image doesn't run as a cinder user.

Jae Sang Lee hyangii at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 08:46:20 UTC 2018

Hi, stackers.

We are distributing OpenStack to kubernetes using the docker image
generated by kolla. I recently upgraded from ocata to pike and found that
the cinder-api container does not run as a cinder user.
So it does not pass our unit test.

This seems to have been fixed in the following code,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/463535/2/docker/cinder/cinder-api/Dockerfile.j2,unified

Is there a reason why it should not be run as a cinder user? Other services
except cinder-api (cinder-scheduler, cinder-volume, cinder-backup) are all
running as cinder user. If this is a simple bug, try to fix it.

Thanks.