[openstack-dev] [nova][osc] Documenting compute API microversion gaps in OSC

Ghanshyam gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Jun 11 00:15:48 UTC 2018

 ---- On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 17:16:01 +0900 Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote ----

 > On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 3:35 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
 > I've started an etherpad [1] to identify the compute API microversion gaps in python-openstackclient.
 >
 >  It's a small start right now so I would appreciate some help on this, even just a few people looking at a couple of these per day would get it done quickly.
 >
 >  Not all compute API microversions will require explicit changes to OSC, for example 2.3 [2] just adds some more fields to some API responses which might automatically get dumped in "show" commands. We just need to verify that the fields that come back in the response are actually shown by the CLI and then mark it in the etherpad.
 >
 >  Once we identify the gaps, we can start talking about actually closing those gaps and deprecating the nova CLI, which could be part of a community wide goal - but there are other things going on in OSC right now (major refactor to use the SDK, core reviewer needs) so we'll have to figure out when the time is right.
 >
 >  [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/compute-api-microversion-gap-in-osc
 >  [2] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/reference/api-microversion-history.html#maximum-in-kilo
 >

 > Good idea, Matt. I think we could maybe discuss with the First Contact SIG because it looks to me some developers could help us for that, while it doesn't need to be a Nova expert.

+1. We have FirstContact SIG meeting on Wed[1] and i will put this as one of the contribution item for new developers. As of now, there is no new contributor who contacted FirstContact sig but we keep tracking the same and will help this item as soon as we find any new developers.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG#Meeting_Agenda