[openstack-dev] [all][sdk][heat] Integrating OpenStack and k8s with a service broker

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 02:28:50 UTC 2018

Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> 於 2018年6月9日 週六 上午9:20寫道:

> IIUC you're talking about a Heat resource that calls out to a service
> broker using the Open Service Broker API? (Basically acting like the
> Kubernetes Service Catalog.) That would be cool, as it would allow us to
> orchestrate services written for Kubernetes/CloudFoundry using Heat.
> Although probably not as easy as it sounds at first glance ;)
In my previous glance, I was thought about our new service will also wrap
up API with Ansible playbooks. A playbook to create a resource, and another
playbook to control Service Broker API. So we can directly use that
playbook instead
of calling Service broker APIs. No?:)

I think we can start trying to build playbooks before we start planning on
crazy ideas:)

> It wouldn't rely on _this_ set of playbook bundles though, because this
> one is only going to expose OpenStack resources, which are already
> exposed in Heat. (Unless you're suggesting we replace all of the current
> resource plugins in Heat with Ansible playbooks via the service broker?
> In which case... that's not gonna happen ;)
Right, we should use OS::Heat::Stack to expose resources from other
OpenStack, not with this.

> So Heat could adopt this at any time to add support for resources
> exposed by _other_ service brokers, such as the AWS/Azure/GCE service
> brokers or other playbooks exposed through Automation Broker.

I like the idea to add support for resources exposed by other service
borkers

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

Rico Lin 林冠宇