[openstack-dev] [TC] Stein Goal Selection

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:13:07 UTC 2018

Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> 於 2018年6月5日 週二 上午2:07寫道:

> Python 3 First
> ==============
>
> One of the things brought up in the session was picking things that bring
> excitement and are obvious benefits to deployers and users of OpenStack
> services. While this one is maybe not as immediately obvious, I think this
> is something that will end up helping deployers and also falls into the
tech
> debt reduction category that will help us move quicker long term.
>
> Python 2 is going away soon, so I think we need something to help compel
folks
> to work on making sure we are ready to transition. This will also be a
good
> point to help switch the mindset over to Python 3 being the default used
> everywhere, with our Python 2 compatibility being just to continue legacy
> support.

+1 on Python3 first goal
I think it's great if we can start investigating how projects been doing
with py3.5+. And to have a check job for py3.6 will be a nice start for
this goal. If it's possible, our goal should match with what most users are
facing. Mention 3.6  because of Ubuntu Artful and Fedora 26 use it by
default (see [1] for more info).

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131193.html

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,