[openstack-dev] [TC] Stein Goal Selection

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jun 7 20:53:31 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 08:59 PM, Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
> I hope we'll haveĀ Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on our gates for this activity soon.
> It becomes
> important not only for developers but for operators and vendors too.

By the time the project will be gating on Python 3.6, most likely
there's going to be 3.7 or even 3.8 in Debian Sid, and I'll get all the
broken stuff alone again... Can't we try to get Sid in the gate, at
least in non-voting mode, so we get to see problems early rather than
late? As developers, we should always aim for the future, and Bionic
should already be considered the past release to maintain, rather than
the one to focus on. If we can't get Sid, then at least should we
consider the non-LTS (always latest) Ubuntu releases?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)