[openstack-dev] Berlin Summit CFP Deadline July 17

Ashlee Ferguson ashlee at openstack.org
Thu Jun 7 16:13:37 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

The Call for Presentations <https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations/> is open for the Berlin Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/>, November 13-15. The deadline to submit your presentation has been extended to July 17.

At the Vancouver Summit, we focused on open infrastructure integration as the Summit has evolved over the years to cover more than just OpenStack. We had over 30 different projects from the open infrastructure community join, including Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, OpenShift and many more.

The Tracks were organized around specific use cases and will remain the same for Berlin with the addition of Hands on Workshops as its own dedicated Track. We encourage you to submit presentations covering the open infrastructure tools you’re using, as well as the integration work needed to address these use cases. We also encourage you to invite peers from other open source communities to speak and collaborate.

The Tracks are:

	• CI/CD
	• Container Infrastructure
	• Edge Computing
	• Hands on Workshops
	• HPC / GPU / AI
	• Open Source Community
	• Private & Hybrid Cloud
	• Public Cloud
	• Telecom & NFV

Community voting, the first step in building the Summit schedule, will open in mid July. Once community voting concludes, a Programming Committee for each Track will build the schedule. Programming Committees are made up of individuals from many different open source communities working in open infrastructure, in addition to people who have participated in the past.

If you’re interested in nominating yourself or someone else to be a member of the Summit Programming Committee for a specific Track, please fill out the  nomination form <https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/openstackberlin2018_programmingcommitteenom>. Nominations will close on June 28.

Again, the deadline to  submit proposals <https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations/> is July 17. Please note topic submissions for the OpenStack Forum (planning/working sessions with OpenStack devs and operators) will open at a later date. The Early Bird registration <https://openstacksummit2018berlin.eventbrite.com/> deadline will be in mid August.

We’re working hard to make it the best Summit yet, and look forward to bringing together different open infrastructure communities to solve these hard problems together.

See you in Berlin!
Ashlee

Ashlee Ferguson
OpenStack Foundation