[openstack-dev] [edge][glance][mixmatch]: Wiki of the possible architectures for image synchronisation

Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest) gergely.csatari at nokia.com
Thu Jun 7 10:49:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

I did some work ont he figures and realised, that I have some questions related to the alternative options:

Multiple backends option:

  *   What is the API between Glance and the Glance backends?
  *   How is it possible to implement location aware synchronisation (synchronise images only to those cloud instances where they are needed)?
  *   Is it possible to have different OpenStack versions in the different cloud instances?
  *   Can a cloud instance use the locally synchronised images in case of a network connection break?
  *   Is it possible to implement this without storing database credentials ont he edge cloud instances?

Independent synchronisation service:

  *   If I understood [1<https://mixmatch.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>] correctly mixmatch can help Nova to attach a remote volume, but it will not help in synchronizing the images. is this true?

As I promised in the Edge Compute Group call I plan to organize an IRC review meeting to check the wiki. Please indicate your availability in [2<https://doodle.com/poll/bddg65vyh4qwxpk5>].

[1]: https://mixmatch.readthedocs.io/en/latest/